Thursday 24 March 2011

La Casa Muda (The Silent House) trailer

I return from my illness induced hiatus because I learnt Christopher Hitchens may be dying of cancer but is still writing. I on the other hand am almost back to full health.

I’ve got a lot to learn about writing.

Thrill Fiction is my testimony.
La Casa Muda made a splash at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. Set in Uruguay it is a story based on the real life event of a father and daughter under siege in a remote cottage.

Sounds like The Strangers 2008.

La Casa Muda is POV/handheld/found footage with the requisite shrieking, weeping and headless chicken running. Film arrives with an added gimmick: the 79 minute duration is in one shot. That has got to be seen to be believed and I don’t believe it.

Americans Chris Kentis and Laura Lau made Open Water 2003. They’ve already remade La Casa Muda (The Silent House) as Silent House 2011 with the same gimmick: one continuous shot. 
Why didn’t they remake it in 3D?

La Casa Muda opens in the UK 8th April. No US release date available.

Thrill Fiction recommends: 25 Books Every Cinephile Should Read
Technorati Tags:, , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator
blog comments powered by Disqus